Join us to gain practical experience of writing C++ for real-time and embedded systems in Swindon, UK.
About the course:
This course is designed for:
- real-time engineers embarking on a project using C++ for the first time
- developers looking to move from C to C++ (as it will clearly demonstrate both the strengths and weaknesses of C++ vs. C)
The course introduces the C++ language for use on real-time and embedded applications. It highlights areas of concern for real-time and embedded development. The focus is on developing core object-oriented programming skills and understanding of how to build effective, maintainable and efficient C++ programs.
Attendees perform hands-on embedded programming, on target hardware, during course practicals. Approximately 50% of the course is given over to practical work.
- To provide a solid understanding of the essentials of the C++ programming language.
- To give you practical experience of writing C++ for real-time and embedded systems.
- To give you the confidence to apply these new concepts to your next real-time project.
Delegates will learn
- The core C++ syntax and semantics
- How to access hardware in the language
- How to program interrupt handlers in C++
- About memory and performance issues associated with C++
- How real time operating systems (RTOS) affect the use of the language