Utah C++ Programmers has released a new video:
TCP/IP Networking with Boost.Asio
by Richard Thomson
From the video description:
Boost.Asio is a cross-platform C++ library for network and low-level I/O programming that provides developers with a consistent asynchronous model using a modern C++ approach.
This month, Richard Thomson will continue our look at Boost.Asio with a look at TCP/IP networking. We'll look at how to implement an NNTP (Network News Transport Protocol) client using Boost.Asio. NNTP is a line-oriented protocol for reading usenet news articles. This will give us insight into all the typical issues involved in a TCP/IP networking application:
- How do we resolve a host name into an IP address?
- How do we establish a long-lived connection to an NNTP server?
- How do we handle the arbitrarily large amounts of data from an NNTP server that arrives asynchronously?
- How do we coordinate user input with NNTP I/O?
- How do we handle unexpected network errors?
Add a Comment