CLion 2021.1 is released!
by Anastasia Kazakova
About the release:
The CLion 2021.1 release is here! It catches more potential code quality issues,
enhances the debugging experience, and brings a more capable remote mode.
- Code analysis
- Global DFA is added and takes a whole translation unit of a program as a single unit for analysis to capture more potential issues.
- New checks from MISRA C 2012 and MISRA C++ 2008 are introduced.
- Clazy, a Qt-oriented static code analyzer, is now integrated into CLion.
- Dynamic analysis tools
- CLion can now calculate branch coverage.
- Google Sanitizers, Valgrind Memcheck, and code coverage now works with remote toolchains.
- Postfix completion for C and C++.
- A new Open Project wizard.
- GDB and LLDB have reached feature parity for core dump debugging in CLion.
- Move execution point now works in the disassembly view.
- For CMake projects:
- Bundled CMake is upgraded to 3.19.
- An ability to share CMake Profiles in VCS.
- For Makefile projects:
- Initial support for remote Makefile projects.
- The Makefile Language plugin is now bundled into CLion.
- Profile for pre-commit inspections.
- Git commit templates.
- Code With Me, a new JetBrains service for collaborative development and pair programming, is now bundled with CLion.