Welcome new release of JetBrain's cross-platform C/C++ IDE!
by Anastasia Kazakova
From the article:
CLion 2017.2 is all about C++ parser correctness, new code analysis features and performance improvements. Clang-Tidy integration, C++ cast operators and other code analysis enhancements help to ensure the code quality, while the rest bring general improvements to the user experience.
The highlighted new features are:
- Clang-Tidy checks and complementary quick-fixes come to CLion. This includes checks from C++ Core Guidelines, modernize checks and many others.
- C++ support enhancements:
- C++17 is now available in the New Project wizard
- Precompiled headers are now supported when using Microsoft Visual C++ compiler (in addition to GCC and Clang)
- Code intentions and quick-fixes use C++ cast operators for C++ code instead of C-style cast
- Dozens of improvements in C++ parser and built-in code analysis engine
- A new Force Step Into action for getting into disassembly code only when you really want to.
- Cancelable CMake reload and Go to navigation actions to ensure better IDE performance.
- Bundled CMake 3.8.