A new WG21 paper is available. If you are not a committee member, please use the comments section below or the std-proposals forum for public discussion.
Document number: P0506R1
by Peter Sommerlad
With basic_string_view there is no longer a reason to keep library APIs that have overloads taking std::string const & and char const * parameter types. Both should be replaced by a single version taking a std::string_view.
Acknowledgements — LEWG in Issaquah for proposing me to write this paper, even when it can not make it into C++17.
Changes from previous versions 4.1 p0506r0
- removed unnecessary Allocator template parameter
- change layout in regex adaptation to see changes easier piecewise judgement
- adjust latex to most current std.tex macros
- adjust to new standard chapter numbering
- make regex_search allocator aware again by taking the allocator from a string parameter.