Irisate has made available a demo package of Flip, a C++ Framework allowing for a fast, efficient and reliable implementation of concurrent editing by multiple users.
by Gregory Makles
From the article:
Flip is a data model library designed as a framework. It is real-time, collaboration-oriented, transactional, portable, compact and can handle complex data structures.
- Single author applications can be adapted to support simultaneous co-authoring with no extra work
- Undo/Redo and history are automatically handled (no action classes)
- Copy/Paste can be done automatically, or refined to your needs and your data structure
- Allows for offline mode and three-ways merge
- Multi-threaded/multi-process architecture
- Server side is limited to data model code, making it less prone to bugs
- High stability
- Performance oriented, extensible, and future-proof document formats
- At the core of Ohm Studio's unrivaled collaboration solution
- Designed for easy integration with all kind of data structure, including decade(s) old ones
Registration is necessary to download Flip.