Registration is now open for CppCon 2023! The conference starts on October 1 and will be held in person in Aurora, CO. To whet your appetite for this year’s conference, we’re posting some upcoming talks that you will be able to attend this year. Here’s another CppCon future talk we hope you will enjoy – and register today for CppCon 2023!
Thursday, October 5 • 09:00 - 10:00
by Phil Nash
Summary of the talk:
If we’re writing tests for our code we probably think we should write more - or write better tests. If we’re not already writing tests perhaps we think we should start. Or perhaps we are not, yet, convinced they are worth it?
This session will introduce you to the benefits of testing and how to get started and be effective.
We’ll look at:
* What does testing even mean?
* What types of testing are there, and what should I focus on?
* Should I use a test framework? If so which one?
* What are the testing best practices?
* What are some common challenges and pitfalls to overcome?