In this guest blog post, Greg will share a few top tips for debugging C++ code.
by Greg Law
From the article:
Debugging is central to programming – you cannot be a great programmer without being great at debugging. Hopefully, my favorite C++ debugging tips will help you be as clever and productive debugging your code as you are writing it in the first place.
- #1 Have a full kit of debugging tools
- #2 Conditional breakpoints
- #3 Watchpoints
- #4 User-defined debugging commands in Python
- #5 Pretty-print structures
- #6 Time Travel Debugging
- #7 Command find to search for a byte sequence