Utah C++ Programmers has released a video on vcpkg:
by Richard Thomson
From the video description:
Richard Thomson gives us an informal introduction to vcpkg on both Windows and Linux.
Here's what we want from a package manager:
- works identically across platforms
- integrates with existing builds
- easy to find packages
- easy to consume packages
- can use prebuilt binaries to save build time
- can use local private packages as easily as public packages
- works with continuous integration systems
- doesn't require languages other than C/C++
How well does vcpkg fit the bill?