After the first edition at CppCon 2019, the second edition of the popular workshop has been announced:
by Klaus Iglberger
From the article:
Content of the training
Design patterns have proven to be useful over several decades and knowledge about them is still very useful to design robust, decoupled systems. Modern C++, however, has profoundly changed the way we use C++, think about design and implement solutions. This training explores modern C++ design and the modern forms of the classic design patterns. It provides guidelines, idioms and best practices for sustainable and maintainable design, which enable programmers to create professional, high-quality code. Amongst others it will answer the following questions:
- How does good C++ design with a minimum of dependencies look like?
- What are the most important rules for robust, maintainable, and sustainable design?
- What are the most common pitfalls in C++ software design?
- Why does classical C++ design based on inheritance hierarchies fail so often?
- How are the classic design patterns realised in modern C++?
- What are alternatives to the classic design patterns?
Date: September 9th - 11th, 2020
Location: Online training
Instructor: Klaus Iglberger
Level: Intermediate, Advanced