A new WG21 paper is available. A copy is linked below, and the paper will also appear in the next normal WG21 mailing. If you are not a committee member, please use the comments section below or the std-proposals forum for public discussion.
Document number: N4016
by Torvald Riegel
Changes between N3874 and N4016:
- Added underlying progress denition based on implementation steps and scheduler guarantees (Section 2.1).
- Refined forward progress classes (see Section 2.2): Base definitions on implementation steps instead of blocking; merge SIMD+Parallel with the weaker variant of Parallel and rename to Weakly Parallel; refine safety guarantee description of SIMD and rename to Strict SIMD.
- A few changes in Section 2.3.
- Added discussion of semantics of spawning and blocking on EAs (Section 2.4).
- Added a more detailed overview of related proposals (Section 3).