- Solaris 10u10 and Solaris 11 on SPARC and x86
- Oracle and Red Hat Linux 5.8 through 5.10
- Oracle and Red Hat Linux 6 through 6.5
This release features:
- New C++ compiler and dbx debugger that support the C++ 2011 language standard
- A completely redesigned Performance Analyzer UI that simplifies identification of key performance issues, plus remote data analysis, cross-architecture support, comparison of results, and improved kernel profiling
- Code Analyzer for improving your application with static source-code checking, run-time memory access checking (including memory leaks), and identification of un-exercised code. Graphical user interface and command-line provide robust interfaces for reviewing results and historical analysis of data
- Compiler and library optimizations for Oracle's SPARC T5, M5, M6, Fujitsu's M10, and Intel's Ivy Bridge servers
- Support for new OpenMP 4.0 standard including Region Cancellation, Thread Affinity, Tasking Extensions and Sequentially Consistent Atomics
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that includes C++ 2011 support, improved response time, and a smaller memory footprint to efficiently handle very large source repositories.
For a complete listing of the new and enhanced features in this release, see the Oracle Solaris Studio 12.4 What's New.