The CGAL Open Source Project is pleased to announce the release 4.1 of CGAL, the Computational Geometry Algorithms Library.
Besides fixes to existing packages, the following has changed since CGAL 4.0:
- New compiler support: the Apple Clang compiler versions 3.1 and 3.2 are now supported on Mac OS X.
See http://www.cgal.org/releases.html for a complete list of changes.
The CGAL project is a collaborative effort to develop a robust, easy-to-use, and efficient C++ software library of geometric data structures and algorithms, like
- triangulations (2D constrained triangulations and Delaunaytriangulations in 2D and 3D, periodic triangulations),
- Voronoi diagrams (for 2D and 3D points, 2D additively weighted Voronoi diagrams, and segment Voronoi diagrams),
- Boolean operations on polygons and polyhedra,
- regularized Boolean operations on polygons with curved arcs
- arrangements of curves,
- mesh generation (2D, 3D and surface mesh generation, surface mesh subdivision and parametrization),
- alpha shapes (in 2D and 3D),
- convex hull algorithms (in 2D, 3D and dD),
- operations on polygons (straight skeleton and offset polygon),
- search structures (kd trees for nearest neighbor search, and range and segment trees),
- interpolation (natural neighbor interpolation and placement of streamlines),
- optimization algorithms (smallest enclosing sphere of points or spheres, smallest enclosing ellipsoid of points, principal component analysis),
- kinetic data structures
Some modules are distributed under the terms of the LGPL Open Source license (GNU Lesser General Public License v3 or later versions). Most modules are distributed under the terms of the GPL Open Source license (GNU General Public License v3 or later versions). If your intended usage does not meet the criteria of the aforementioned licenses, a commercial license can be purchased from GeometryFactory.
For further information and for downloading the library and its documentation, please visit the CGAL web site.