A new WG21 paper is available. A copy is linked below, and the paper will also appear in the next normal WG21 mailing. If you are not a committee member, please use the comments section below or the std-proposals forum for public discussion.
Document number: N3533
by Lawrence Crowl and Chris Mysen
This paper revises N3434 = 12-0043 - 2012-01-14 as follows.
- Add more exposition.
Provide separate non-blocking operations.
- Add a section on the lock-free queues.
Argue against push-back operations.
- Add a cautionary note on the usefulness of is_closed().
Expand the cautionary note on the usefulness of is_empty(). Add is_full().
- Add a subsection on element type requirements.
Add a subsection on exception handling.
- Clarify ordering constraints on the interface.
Add a subsection on a lock-free concrete queue.
- Add a section on content iterators, distinct from the existing streaming iterators section.
Swap front and back names, as requested.
- General expository cleanup.
Add an 'Revision History' section.